Sheffield Youth Justice Service aims to provide support to parents and carers on a voluntary and statutory basis. All our practitioners will work with parents and carers and provide support to them and the wider family as part of our work to prevent offending.
Parenting support provides parents/carers the opportunity to build upon their existing skills and abilities in managing their child's behaviour that puts them at risk of offending.
One-to-one parenting support
- One-to-one advice and signposting to other services
- Practical support in managing the behaviour of their child
- Supporting parents to put in place appropriate and realistic boundaries
- Supporting parents to improve how they communicate with their child
- Support parents to improve their relationship with their child
- To support family members in improving their relationships
- To support family members to recognise their existing strengths and skills in order to build upon them
- To support family members to use consistent strategies when managing the more difficult times.
'Parent info' is a free information service offering parents help and advice for familikes in a digital world. Click on the link below for further advice on topics such as:
- Games, apps and technology
- Sex and relationships
- Health and wellbeing.