Community Youth Teams
Community Youth Teams (CYTs) support young people aged 8-19 who need extra support to help them make the most of their lives.
CYTs aim to steer young people away from crime and anti-social behaviour, helping them to stay in school and post-16 education, work or training.
CYTs try to help young people make the right choices and avoid behaviour that could harm them and their communities, such as drug or alcohol misuse, sexual exploitation or teenage pregnancy.
CYTs also work with young people to build self belief and confidence and make sure they have all the skills and information they need to cope with the ups and downs of life. This is done by providing:
- 1:1 support
- Group work programmes
- Youth centres and youth work in communities
CYT workers attend regular meetings with other agencies such as schools, community groups, housing, children’s homes and police to make sure we are working together to support local young people where they need it, in their community.
There are three Community Youth Teams in Sheffield, based in the North, East and West of the city so wherever you live you will have local workers who know your community and can offer you help, information and support.
CYTs welcome referrals from young people themselves, their parents or carers and professional working with young people.
To find out more or make a referral to CYTs you can:
- Visit the Sheffield Futures or Sheffield City Council webpages
- Phone 0800 138 8381 for a confidential discussion
- Email CYT@sheffield.gov.uk
- Print off and fill in one of the referral forms from the 'Downloads' section below.
- CYT referral form for professionals working with an individual young person - PDF
- CYT referral form for young people aged over 16 to refer themselves - PDF
- CYT referral form for parents or carers - PDF
- CYT referral form to request help with community issues - PDF
- CYT referral form for professionals working with a group of young people - PDF